The Sense/Stage MiniBee is a small microcontroller board based on the Arduino, integrated with a connection for an XBee wireless chip. It is small and comes with preloaded firmware to use it easily in your wireless projects for a lot of common sensing and actuating purposes. As a bonus there is a 3-axis accelerometer on board. Cross platform open source software sends the data from the boards to your interactive environment via OpenSoundControl (OSC).
Overview of the features:
- 6 analog inputs: A0, A1, A2, A3, A6, A7
- 8 digital inputs or outputs: D3, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9, D10, D11; or optional four more: A0, A1, A2, A3
- PWM (“analog”) output, at pins D3, D5, D6, D9, D10, D11
- TWI (or I2C) communication: SDA (A4), SCL (A5)
- Integrated ADXL345 – 3-axis accelerometer
- Serial I/O: RX, TX (to XBee)
- Power input (between 3.3V and 5V), through battery connector and coin cell battery
- Regulated power output: 3.3V, GND
- On/off switch
- Short circuit protection with a resetting fuse
- Status LEDs for power, association with XBee network, XBee receiving data, and configuration status
- Small footprint
- Preprogrammed with firmware for wireless configuration for using many common sensors
- Firmware communication with software data sharing network supported by many common interactive software environments (e.g. SuperCollider, Max/MSP, PureData, Processing).
The different versions:
- LED blinking codes : The four LEDs on the MiniBee give information about the status of the MiniBee. This page explains what each LED means.
- MiniBee DIY - use your own Arduino and XBee : This page describes how to make use of the MiniBee firmware with your own Arduino and XBee combination.
- MiniBee Revision A : The MiniBee revision A was the first version of the MiniBee, the alpha version. It was manufactured during the research-creation project Sense/Stage at Concordia University and McGill University in 2009.
- MiniBee Revision B : The MiniBee revision B was the second version of the MiniBee, the beta version. It was manufactured during the research-creation project Sense/Stage at Concordia University and McGill University in 2010.
- MiniBee Revision D : The MiniBee revision D was the third version of the MiniBee, the production version. It was manufactured and sold between 2011 and 2016.
- MiniBee Revision F : The MiniBee revision F is the fourth version of the MiniBee, the second production version. It is manufactured and sold from 2017.
|page created on:||last changed on:|
|6 February 2017||20 May 2017|